MEXICAN CABBAGE ROLL SOUP
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef (90%)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Chopped Medium Onion
- 6 cups Chopped Cabbage (about 1 small head)
- 3 cans Chopped Green Chilies (4oz each)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 can Reduced Sodium Beef Broth 14.5 oz
- 2 tbsp Minced Fresh Cilantro
- Pico de Gallo & Reduced Sour Cream optional
In a large saucepan, cook and crumble beef with seasonings over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan.
In same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and cabbage until crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Stir in beef, chilies, water and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, to allow flavors to blend, about 10 minutes.
Stir in cilantro. If desired, top with pico de gallo and sour cream. Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
9g fat (3g saturated fat), 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein